Property management FAQs
Learn about Pacaso's property management services.
We're here to help
What is changing for 2022?
To better serve you, Pacaso is sunsetting relationships with third-party property managers and bringing property management in-house with local, full-time Pacaso employees — at no additional cost to you.
What are the benefits to me as an owner?
In-house property management ensures your home is consistently cared for by full-time Pacaso employees who are invested in delivering a high-quality owner experience. Benefits to you include:
- More responsive service: We will now have full-time, local employees handling all aspects of property management for Pacaso homes, plus Virtual Home Managers providing evening and weekend support.
- Exceptional home care: You can expect more consistent and higher-quality service, from cleaning to maintenance, and more visibility into work orders. Our locally based maintenance technicians can more quickly address and resolve any home maintenance concerns.
- Competitive pricing and oversight: We’ll be working directly with local vendors to ensure competitive pricing for contracted services, such as pool and lawn maintenance, roof repair and pest control. This will save owners money and improve service.
Why was this change made?
When Pacaso launched, it made sense to work with experienced third-party local property managers. As we’ve grown and invested in local hiring, we’ve seen our owners benefit from more personalized service — an important part of Pacaso’s Service Promise.
In addition, transitioning all property management to full-time Pacaso employees who live and work in the markets they serve provides:
- More consistent care for Pacaso homes
- High-quality year-round employment to the local workforce
How will my monthly operating expenses change in 2022?
The updated 2022 operating budget for your Pacaso will be distributed via email by your Home Manager in January. If you don’t see the email, please contact your Home Manager directly.
Please note, you will not see any changes to your property management fee with Pacaso as your property manager.
How does the property management fee compare to the $99 program management fee? Why do we pay both?
The property management fee is home-specific and varies based on the size, location and individual needs of the home. Pacaso home operating budgets have always included a property management fee; engaging a property manager is standard practice across the second home market.
The program management fee is a fixed, standardized monthly charge that supports shared owner infrastructure across the broader Pacaso ecosystem. This includes items such as the technology that powers the Pacaso owner app, LLC oversight, tax preparation and more.
What services does Pacaso provide for me as the property manager?
As your property manager, Pacaso provides services such as:
- Dedicated local Home Manager
- Oversight and scheduling of recurring services (e.g., landscaping, pool, pest control, cleaning and preventive maintenance)
- Financial management (bill payment, including utilities, insurance and property taxes)
- After-hours Virtual Home Manager support
- In-house maintenance team
- Vendor management and price negotiation
Is a third-party property manager the same as a Home Manager?
Pacaso Home Managers are now part of the Pacaso property management team. Previously, your Home Manager had less access to information about the home and limited control over home management activities. Now all property information, vendors and maintenance requests are centralized, which helps us deliver a more consistent and higher level of service to you as an owner.
Will all Pacaso homes be supported by in-house property managers?
In emerging Pacaso markets, we may continue to use third-party managers. Most of our homes will be supported by full-time Pacaso employees who live and work in the markets they serve.
Don't miss out
The best homes sell fast. See the latest listings, inspiring second homes and buying tips.