Your ownership guide
From your first stay to your fiftieth and beyond, we're here to support your ownership. We strive to offer responsive service, empower you with tools and information, and help you make the most of every moment at your Pacaso.
Preparing for your stay: We make it easy
Your Pacaso is fully furnished and appointed with all the home essentials for a comfortable stay, including cooking and dinnerware, extra linens, BBQ supplies, smart tech, books, games and so much more.
What to bring
Our well-supplied homes make packing a breeze. Apart from your clothes and toiletries, here are a few sometimes-overlooked items you might need:
- Coffee (we supply the French press and standard coffee maker)
- Condiments or dressings
- Cooking oil (we provide assorted herbs and spices, salt and pepper)
- Your personal locker padlock
SUPPORT WHEN YOU NEED IT
Your Home Manager
Your Home Manager is your local, dedicated point of contact for any questions or issues regarding your home. They can be reached by phone or text, 7 days a week.
What to expect
Your Home Manager supports you by:
- Addressing urgent issues during your stay (e.g., HVAC failure)
- Working to resolve non-emergency issues as quickly as possible (e.g., faulty ice maker)
- Answering questions about home devices and equipment (e.g., Wi-Fi, pool settings)
- Helping with the app and scheduling
- Following up on post-stay survey responses and acting as a liaison between owners, Pacaso Property Management (or third-party partners) and Pacaso operations.
Your Home Manager is also a great local resource. They're happy to share tips and suggestions, but they do not provide services such as:
- Making reservations
- Childcare/nanny procurement
- Event planning
Our Service Promise
As a Pacaso owner, you can expect your home to be beautifully furnished, meticulously maintained, stocked with household essentials and ready for a comfortable stay — every time you walk through the door.
We welcome input from owners and review all home-related requests. Owner requests are considered with respect to:
- Remaining budget for the LLC
- The ongoing expenses associated with the request (if any)
- Whether the request will materially change the look and/or functionality of the home
Requests will then be approved, denied or put to an owner vote. You can direct your requests or any questions about the approval process to your Home Manager.
We want Pacaso ownership to be an enjoyable experience for everyone. By agreeing to our common-sense, respectful policies, all owners can feel assured that their home is being well cared for and they are being good neighbors in their second home communities.
Moving up or moving on
We hope you’ll love your Pacaso for years to come. But if it’s time to make a change, you have options.
- Transfer benefit: If your Pacaso isn’t a perfect fit, you can transfer ownership to another Pacaso within your first year. There’s no closing or transfer fee, and you can start using your new home right away.
- Resale: If you decide to sell your ownership, our resale process is streamlined and simple. We have an active marketplace of interested buyers, so we can often facilitate a sale without even listing. We will also market your share broadly across Pacaso and other real estate sites.
Rewards for referrals
Pacaso owners are important partners in our long-term success. Our Referral Equity Program (REP) rewards owners with Pacaso stock and operating expense credits for closed buyer referrals.
Does the Pacaso management fee go up each year?
No, our management fee is a fixed €199 per month.
Can Pacaso raise monthly operating expenses?
All operating expenses are passed through at cost, and all cost statements are available to owners upon request. Pacaso cannot increase its fees without cause. As the limited company manager, we will only increase what is collected from owners as necessary to cover a change in household expenses (e.g., an increase in insurance rates).
What services are provided for Pacaso second home owners?
Pacaso provides an array of services, including ongoing maintenance and property management; aggregating and managing monthly owner expenses and taxes; overseeing the limited company and resolving any disputes; continually innovating and improving the Pacaso app and other digital technology; and providing dedicated owner support, 365 days a year.
Who is responsible if something breaks?
Owners are not individually responsible for life-limited items that eventually need repair or replacement, like a dishwasher; those are paid for by the limited company reserve fund. However, each owner is responsible for replacing or repairing items damaged as a result of their actions, such as a broken window.