Your ownership guide
From your first stay to your fiftieth and beyond, we're here to support your ownership. We strive to offer responsive service, empower you with tools and information, and help you make the most of every moment at your Pacaso.
What to bring
Your Pacaso has all the essentials for a comfortable and relaxing stay. See the 200+ amenities we provide, and the supplies we stock for your convenience.
Our well-outfitted homes make packing a breeze. Apart from clothes, toiletries and groceries, here are a few additional items you might want during your stay:
- Your personal locker padlock
- Your favorite cooking condiments or dressings (we provide olive oil, assorted herbs and spices, salt and pepper, and ketchup/mustard/mayo)
- Dog waste bags if you're bringing your pet
- Pool shoes if your home has a pool or hot tub
Our Family-Friendly Second Homes™ are equipped with everything kids and teens need to enjoy family time. No need to pack the bulky extras — from cribs and high chairs to games and more, we have you (and your kids) covered.
Pool floaties? Smart TVs with streaming services? You bet! Get ready to make lasting memories.
Rewards for referrals
Pacaso owners are important partners in our long-term success. When you refer friends, you’ll receive Pacaso stock and $2,500 in operating expense credits for each closed buyer referral. And, they’ll receive Pacaso Access for free — a $1,000 value!
SUPPORT WHEN YOU NEED IT
Your Home Manager
Your Home Manager is your local, dedicated point of contact for any questions or issues regarding your home. They can be reached by phone or text, Monday - Friday.
After hours and weekends, our virtual team takes over! Virtual Home Managers are also available via phone or text, and they can address any issues that arise from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. (your local Pacaso time). Phone: 844-2PACASO | Text: 415-840-8802
Hosting Guests Made Easy
Invite guests to access stay details
Give your guests a seamless experience in your home — even if you’re not there. Invite guests to your stay details in the Pacaso app, where they can access arrival and departure information, Wi-Fi, details of amenities, home manager contact and more.
What to expect from our team
Your Home Manager supports you by:
- Addressing urgent issues during your stay (e.g., HVAC failure)
- Working to resolve non-emergency issues as quickly as possible (e.g., faulty ice maker)
- Answering questions about home devices and equipment (e.g., Wi-Fi, pool settings)
- Helping with the app and scheduling
- Following up on post-stay survey responses and acting as a liaison between owners, Pacaso Property Management (or third-party partners) and Pacaso operations.
Your Home Manager is also a great local resource. They're happy to share tips and suggestions, but they do not provide services such as:
- Making reservations
- Childcare/nanny procurement
- Event planning
Our Service Promise
As a Pacaso owner, you can expect your home to be beautifully furnished, meticulously maintained, stocked with household essentials and ready for a comfortable stay — every time you walk through the door.
We welcome input from owners and review all home-related requests. Owner requests are considered with respect to:
- Remaining budget for the LLC
- The ongoing expenses associated with the request (if any)
- Whether the request will materially change the look and/or functionality of the home
Requests will then be approved, denied or put to an owner vote. You can direct your requests or any questions about the approval process to your Home Manager.
We want Pacaso ownership to be an enjoyable experience for everyone. By agreeing to our common-sense, respectful policies, all owners can feel assured that their home is being well cared for and they are being good neighbors in their second home communities.
Moving up or moving on
We hope you’ll love your Pacaso for years to come. But if it’s time to make a change, you have options.
- Pacaso Home Transfer Benefit™: If your Pacaso isn’t a perfect fit, you can transfer ownership to another Pacaso within your first year. We make it easy — there’s no closing or transfer fee, and you can start using your new home right away.
- Resale: If you decide to sell your ownership, our resale process is streamlined and simple. We have an active marketplace of interested buyers, so we can often facilitate a sale without even listing. We will also market your share broadly across Pacaso and other real estate sites.
Does the Pacaso program management fee go up each year?
No, our program management fee is a fixed $99 per month.
Can Pacaso raise monthly operating expenses?
All operating expenses are passed through at cost, and all cost statements are available to owners upon request. Pacaso cannot increase its fees without cause. As the LLC manager, we will only increase what is collected from owners as necessary to cover a change in household expenses (e.g., an increase in insurance rates).
What services are provided for Pacaso second home owners?
Pacaso provides an array of services, including ongoing maintenance and property management; aggregating and managing monthly owner expenses and taxes; overseeing the LLC and resolving any disputes; continually innovating and improving the Pacaso app and other digital technology; and providing dedicated owner support, 365 days a year.
Who is responsible if something breaks?
Owners are not individually responsible for life-limited items that eventually need repair or replacement, like a dishwasher; those are paid for by the LLC reserve fund. However, each owner is responsible for replacing or repairing items damaged as a result of their actions, such as a broken window.