Get answers to common questions about Pacaso agent partnerships.
Working with Pacaso
Learn about additive sales opportunities with generous commissions and fast closings.
Frequently asked questions
How does Pacaso compensate real estate agents?
Pacaso works in collaboration with agents and pays a 3% referral commission. If your clients decide to sell their Pacaso, you earn an easy 1% referral commission on each resale for life.
I have a buyer interested in a Pacaso. What's the next step?
Your buyer can contact us directly, but you're welcome to schedule an in-person or virtual tour on your buyer's behalf. Simply fill out the contact form on the listing page for the home they're interested in, or call our sales team at the number provided.
I’m unfamiliar with the Pacaso process. How does it compare to a whole home sale?
The paperwork and process are similar to a whole home sale. However, you receive an easy commission because Pacaso handles everything, including tours, inspections and escrow — and we keep you in the loop along the way.
How do you keep me in the loop on the transaction?
You can be as involved as much you want. We’ll contact you to understand your preference. Once a referral is submitted through our form, you can log into Pacaso Agent Referral Dashboard to track the status of your referral submissions and commission.
What is the Agent Referral Dashboard?
The Pacaso Agent Referral Dashboard enables you to seamlessly submit buyer referrals and track the status of your referrals and commission.
What happens after I submit a referral?
Here’s what you — and your client — can expect once a referral is submitted:
- You’ll receive an email with a confirmation of your referral submission and a log in to the Pacaso Agent Referral Dashboard.
- A Pacaso crew member will call you to confirm the submission and collect relevant information, including your desired level of involvement. They will prompt you to log in to the Agent Dashboard to sign our required agreement.
- Once logged in, complete the referral agreement. This is required in order to collect your commission from Pacaso.
- You’ll be able to check on the status of all your referrals, from submission to close, right in the Dashboard. You’ll also have visibility into your awarded commissions.
Your client’s experience:
- Your referral will receive an email from Pacaso confirming the referral submission.
- Upon their confirmation, a Pacaso sales crew member will contact them to discuss their second home aspirations, dream destinations and other relevant details.
- We’ll involve you in the communications based on your desired level of involvement.
- We’ll handle the rest from here! From scheduling a home tour and answering client questions, to managing inspections, escrow, title and reporting, Pacaso does all the legwork to help your clients buy their second home.
Is commission paid on the whole home price or the share price?
Commission is paid on the share price. If you bring multiple buyers, you'll receive a referral commission for each share sold.
Can I earn commissions on sales outside of my market?
Yes! You or your buyer can be located anywhere in the country, and you even work with international buyers. Whether you bring an out-of-town buyer to a Pacaso in your market, or you refer a buyer who purchases a Pacaso in another region, state or country, you can earn 3% referral commission.
Do I have to wait until all shares of the home are sold to get paid?
No, you collect payment soon after your share sells.
I have a listing that would be a great Pacaso. How do I share it with you?
Visit our Sell page and submit your listing. If it’s a fit, we’ll follow up.
I want to represent Pacaso as a listing agent. Are you looking for new agent partners?
We would be happy to speak with you about ways we partner with agents. We are always interested in off-market properties, and we regularly work with agents who bring us those types of listings.
I want to promote Pacaso to my network. What do you recommend?
We have a robust toolkit of ready-to-use marketing materials for agents. They include agent education, buyer education and a suite of assets that can be co-branded. Find it all here.
What is a Prospect listing?
A Prospect is a whole home listing that we believe will be in demand based on its price, location, style and amenities. If there's enough interest in the home from Pacaso buyers, we may purchase the property and turn it into a Pacaso.
My listing is displayed as a Prospect. Will you be making an offer on it?
If there is enough interest in your listing from our network of buyers, Pacaso will make a competitive offer on your listing. All homes are purchased in a singular property specific LLC, managed by Pacaso.
How does Pacaso get their second home listings?
We source non-Pacaso listings from the local IDX, and we take care to follow all rules of displaying IDX listings. We adhere to all IDX rules and are in compliance with the local MLS.
Does having my listing on Pacaso impact how it appears on other websites?
No. While your home is listed as a co-ownership opportunity on Pacaso, this does not impact how your listing appears on other websites such as Zillow, Redfin or your local MLS.
Are you displaying all the homes in an area?
We display Pacaso listings as well as Prospects. Prospects are select whole home listings that meet Pacaso’s criteria based on price, location, style and amenities.
What if I have a client interested in selling part of their home to Pacaso?
We’d love to learn more about it. Visit our Sell page to submit the home for consideration. If it’s a fit, we’ll follow up.
Pacaso is not in my market. How can I work with you?
We find that second home buyers often look at destinations well beyond their local market. We currently offer homes in top destinations throughout the U.S. and in Europe, and you can earn 3% referral commission on buy-side sales in any market.