Pacaso home selection criteriaEvery Pacaso is different, but these are some of the features we look for:
- High-end. We see the most buyer demand for properties two to three times higher than the area’s median property value.
- Move straight in. The property shouldn’t need major renovation or repairs. We will restyle it with a professional designer, but it should be in a ready-to-move-in condition.
- Desirable destinations. Our properties are in or near popular holiday home destinations. Most are within easy driving distance of major urban areas or accessible from nearby airports.
- Similar to other properties in the area. We buy properties in neighbourhoods with other top-tier holiday properties and a vibrant community of second homes.
- Premium amenities. Think hot tubs, breathtaking views, chef’s kitchens, pools, roof decks or outdoor kitchens, depending on the region and climate.
- “Wow” factor. The place should look great in photos and even better in person.
- Luxurious but livable. The property should feel special without sacrificing comfort or ease. Owners should be excited to show it off, but equally comfortable just enjoying time there with family and friends.
- Modern. Styles can range from industrial to mountain lodge, depending on the location, but homes should be newer, with modern conveniences, or recently renovated.