1. Find a home you loveDream big! All of our homes are exceptional, so the challenge might be narrowing down your choices. Homes that meet Pacaso’s selection criteria offer great amenities and features, and are located in top second home destinations. A few things to keep in mind when you browse our listings:
- Home prices reflect the cost of one share, or 1/8 ownership.
- Operating expenses for each home can be accessed from the listing details page, so you know upfront what costs to expect.
- Homes marked “Available Now” are actively listed and ready for co-ownership.
- Homes marked “Prospect” are under consideration for purchase. They are listed for sale on the MLS as whole homes and meet Pacaso’s highly selective home criteria. If there’s enough buyer interest, we’ll purchase the home and turn it into a Pacaso.
2. Talk to usWe’re excited to share all the details about our homes. If you’re not sure which one is best for your needs, we’ll go through each home’s unique attributes and location to help you decide. You can easily schedule a time to talk with one of our Crew members from any listing details page, or if you have general questions about co-ownership, you’re welcome to get in touch via our contact form.
3. Take a tourWe’ll give you all the information we have about the home, but seeing is believing. While you’re on the call with our Crew member, they can arrange a time for you to tour the home. Buyers can schedule a virtual tour or in-person tour or attend an open house. An in-person tour can be a great opportunity to involve the whole family and enjoy a day in your future second home town.
4. Say yes!You talked, you toured, you fell in love — you’re ready to buy your second home! We’ll walk you through the purchase process and paperwork, and our Crew will make sure you understand all the terminology related to co-ownership, such as:
- What it means to have ownership interest in a home (the short answer — it’s true real estate ownership)
- How a Pacaso property LLC is organized and managed, and why it makes co-ownership simpler and more enjoyable
- The purpose of an LLC operating agreement